Military MuseumBack Muckleburgh, Weybourne, Norfolk
The Muckleburgh collection is a military museum that is situated on the site of a former army base, Weybourne Camp.
- Year of construction
- Protected status
The camp was established before the Second World War as a training establishment for anti-aircraft gunnery, which continued until 1958. During the war, the northern part of the camp was part of the broader coastal defence landscape, while maintaining an anti-aircraft role.
The current museum opened in 1988 and today has more than 150 pieces in its collection and also has displays on the Norfolk and Suffolk Yeomanry. There are extensive museum collections of Allied and German vehicles dating from the Second World War and there are various archaeological remains in the grounds, including a spigot mortar pedestal and a First World War pillbox.