Todt BatteryBack Musée du Mur de l'Atlantique Batterie Todt 62179 Audinghen
Coastal battery with four 380mm canons, with the ability to reach the british coast.
- Year of construction
- Architect / Design
- Organisation Todt
This coastal battery housed four 380mm cannons which could fire missiles as far as the English coast.
Inaugurated on 10 February 1942, it was originally called Battery Siegfried, but was then renamed Battery Todt, after the death on 8 February of Fritz Todt, the engineer who set up Organisation Todt, which was responsible for the Atlantic Wall.
It was taken by the Canadian 3rd Infantry Brigade for the Allied Forces on 29 September 1944.
It has now been turned into a Museum on World War II.